Pages

Formerly Marshall Photography, now just a photo blog. Click here for details.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Closing a Chapter

It's hard to watch a dream die. For me, Marshall Photography was one of those dreams, but sometimes it's for the best, even if it's painful to watch. At this point in my life, I've come to realize that I'm too old to dream. I have a family to help support and dreams don't pay the bills.

So, as of today, June 17th, 2017, I will no longer be offering portrait photography. I've struggled to make this dream a reality, with little to no success. It's time to grow up, be practical, and close this chapter of my life. I welcome the closure and look forward to the next chapter of my story. On to bigger and better things.

I want to give my handful of wonderful clients my most heartfelt thanks -- thank you for giving me a chance and blessing me in the process. You helped me grow and learn, not only as a photographer, but as a person. I remember every session and each one has been a blessing in one way or another. Thank you.

This blog will stay as it is, for now, and I hope to add more personal content in the future. I do not wish to walk away from photography all together; I just need to let go of the business part of it. The industry itself is evolving, in this world of cell phones and Instagram, and I just can't compete. As much as I love my clients, the business aspect of it tends to suck the joy out of the hobby I once loved, and hope to return to. I want to love it again, without the constant pressure to make a living out of it.

Thank you again for your love and support. I appreciate all of you so much.

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always welcome, but please no blog advertisements. Thank you.