Pages

Formerly Marshall Photography, now just a photo blog. Click here for details.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

James' Senior Sesson

James - Twin Falls, Idaho - 2015
The first time I met James was at my wedding. He was about five years old and after the ceremony, he was wailing, "But I don't want another sister!!" I remember thinking, "What have I gotten myself into?!" Ha! Hopefully, for his sake, he's gotten over the idea -- considering he's gained not one, but TWO sisters since then! =)

Like Nathaniel, James was flown out by his folks in Colorado to do pictures with me here in Idaho (Sarah was here with her family when we did hers), which was a huge honor for me! I have to say the coolest part of doing their pictures is being able to have one-on-one time with them and getting to know them each personally. Each of them have been amazing kids, but I was most surprised by James.

This kid is truly greater than he knows.

He's quiet and somewhat shy and was hesitant to do pictures at first. As soon as we got into the car, I told him, "This is kind of awkward for me, too. But you'll just have to trust me." And he did. He soon became comfortable with me and started to open up, telling me about his love of drawing and his aspirations to become an electrician. After a while, he was a pro at posing and knew exactly what to do. The images I captured kind of speak for themselves. He is one great guy.

Although our visit was short, James made an impact on our family -- especially our boys. We were blessed to have him here and I'm thankful I got to know him better.

One more sibling-in-law to go.

James - Twin Falls, Idaho - 2015
James - Twin Falls, Idaho - 2015
James - Twin Falls, Idaho - 2015
James - Twin Falls, Idaho - 2015
James - Twin Falls, Idaho - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always welcome, but please no blog advertisements. Thank you.